Thursday 11 September 2014

Worksheet to determine media consumption


Worksheet to determine Media consumption

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
              Sometimes I flick through the metro
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
              I usually turn to the page about celebrities because there’s always some gossip
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
              I never read the sports section or stories with unappealing headings
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
              I usually read stories with interesting headings or celebrity news
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read? My mum always brings the metro whilst coming back from work

  Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?
              I don’t regularly buy magazines as much as I can access everything on the internet. If I do    buy a magazine it would either be heat or cosmopolitan.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why? I read about celebrities and fashion and horoscopes, as these all interest me.
Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
              Around 9-10 hours a week
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
              Late nights and early mornings
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
              I love programmes such as made in chelsea, eastenders, inbetweeners and keeping up with the kardashians, as they are all very entertaining.
  • Do you watch alone or with others?
              I usually watch it alone, sometimes with others
  • If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? I always decide what to watch.
Radio
  • What stations do you like best and why?
              Kiss FM, Capital FM and radio 1 because I usually like the music they play
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
              2-3 hours a week
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
              Usually the afternoon or evening
  • What stations do you dislike most and why?
  • Do you listen alone or with others?
              I listen with others
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
              I listen to the radio when I’m in a car
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
Cinema
  • What films, if any, have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
               The only film I saw in cinema last month was Inbetweeners 2
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through rental, satellite film channels (free or otherwise) or through video-on-demand?
              I’ve seen many films on channels mostly horrors such as the conjuring, paranormal activity, sinister etc.
  • Who else watched the films with you?
              Friends and family
  • Who decided what films to watch? Me or anyone else who is watching the film with me
Internet
  • How often do you access the internet?
              I access the internet everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
              Usually at home and sometimes at school
  • What are the main sites that you access?
              I mostly use the internet on my phone, I go on sites such as YouTube or netflix but it really depends on what I need to do on the Internet.
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
             For entertainment, communicating with friends, to shop and make purchases and research.

  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment